Research is the foundation of a successful learning environment for faculty and students. Through research, the University fulfills its responsibility to advance the state of knowledge, creative endeavors, and the practice of professions that serve a diverse society.
The outstanding quality of and breadth of involvement in our research efforts are hallmarks of the University of Pittsburgh. Both graduate and undergraduate students are encouraged to be involved with faculty in meaningful research experiences. In federally-sponsored and foundation-supported research, Pitt ranks near the top nationally with over half a billion dollars in sponsored project support.
IP Agreement Information
Learn more about the process of obtaining intellectual property (IP) assignments/acknowledgements for research faculty who are funded by the federal government.
- Conflict of Interest Disclosures
- Faculty Expertise Database
- International & Global Research and Education
- Invention Disclosure (OTM)
- Office of Academic Career Development (Health Sciences)
- Office of Research
- Office of Research, Health Sciences
- Innovation Institute
- Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center
- Research Review
- Schools and Centers
- Technology Commercialization
- Undergraduate Research
- Undergraduate Research Profiles
- University Research Council