The Provost and her Senior Staff lead or participate as members in a number of key University committees. Through extensive university-wide committee work with other members of the University community, the Provost’s Office serves to initiate, support, develop, and promote the advancement of the University’s academic vision.
- Academic Calendar Committee
- Conflict of Interest Committee
- Council of Deans
- Enrollment Management Steering Committee
- Provost's Advisory Committee on Undergraduate Programs (PACUP)
- Provost's Advisory Committee on Women's Concerns (PACWC)
- Provost’s Advisory Council on Instructional Excellence
- Provost’s Area Planning and Budget Committee (PAPBC)
- University Council on Graduate Study (UCGS)
- University Facilities Planning Committee (PDF)
- University Planning and Budgeting Committee (UPBC)
- University Research Council
Council of Deans
The Council of Deans provides advice and counsel to Provost Beeson on academic matters and university-wide issues, including policy and practices, institutional advancement, budget, and planning.
Provost's Advisory Committee on Undergraduate Programs (PACUP)
PACUP is a committee composed of a breadth of professorial leadership across the University. It reviews academic planning proposals that pertain to undergraduate programs, including new and revised majors, concentrations, etc.
Provost's Advisory Committee on Women's Concerns (PACWC)
PACWC seeks to ensure a productive educational and work environment for faculty, staff, and students, particularly in areas related to women's concerns. It focuses on general issues of campus climate and programs as they affect women throughout the University. PACWC seeks to assist the Provost and the University community through its mandate.